Re: [edlug] How to mount USB drive

David Gibb wrote:

I am running SuSe 9.3.  My Lacie USB drive shows as unmounted - how do I
mount it?

I am very inexperienced with linux.  (I probably didn't need to add
that!)

I've been googling but have got rather confused by what I have found.

Under SUSE, an icon will appear on your desktop corresponding to the
plugged in drive.
Click on it to open your file browser showing the contents of the drive.

If you're using KDE, the preferred desktop for this version of SUSE, you
should also have a "My Computer" icon you can click on to access
individual devices.

Also, of you examine the konqueror file browser in the KDE desktop,
you'll see a series of tabs down the left side. If you click on the
bottom tab labeles services, all the devices on your system will appear
in the navigation sidebar. Click on the menu entry
window->show navigation panel
if it isn't visible.
Robert.

I was accessing the drive through the My Computer icon (There is no icon
on the desktop). Right-clicking properties shows the drive as unmounted. When I was trying to move files to the USB drive it started the move and
then stalled. I thought this might have been because the drive was
unmounted.

Ther are some other problems with the system so I'm going to give it up
and do a reformat and reinstall.

Thanks Robert and Derek for your replies.

David