Re: [edlug] Processor choice for Linux desktop

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 01:17:57PM +0000, asmith9983@xxx.xxx.xxx wrote:

> I'm looking at buying a new desktopand wonder what be the best buy
> between a system with :
>
> Intel Core 2 Duo

I have one of these running Ubuntu Feisty. It's lovely for what I need.
Of course your requirements will differ. What do you want to use it for?

I have 2GB of RAM in it which is enough for me most of the time, but
there is the odd occasion I need more. Again, you may/may not need that
much.

Cheers,
Al.