Re: [edlug] PHP

William Hamilton wrote:
Rodti MacLeary wrote:

Hello again folks :-)

Well everything was working fine until I tried to install Gallery2 on
a site.  The index.php file is output instead of being run.  The
strange thing is that PHPMyAdmin is installed on another virtual host
and works fine!  The <Directory> information in httpd.conf for both
sites is just Options +Includes.

Any ideas?

Syntax error in a config file?

If Apache is outputting it as text rather than passing it to PHP for
parsing then it does sound as if something is misconfigured somewhere.

If you make a blank page with a call to phpinfo(), is it parsed or send
as just text?

Billy

What I've seen a few times is PHP setup in the config file fine, but commented out.

Look for lines like the tree below and ensure they are all there and none are commented with a leading hash (#).
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/httpd/libphp4.so
AddModule mod_php4.c
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

You might also find the following

And make sure that index.php works also.
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php

I know Apple for one do this to the default apache install. Your distro might be the same.

Martin...