Re: [edlug] PHP

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Rodti MacLeary wrote:

> On 11 Mar 2007, at 19:57, William Hamilton wrote:
>
> > >Well everything was working fine until I tried to install Gallery2 on
> > >a site.  The index.php file is output instead of being run.
>
> >If you make a blank page with a call to phpinfo(), is it parsed or send
> >as just text?
>
> It just sends the text content of my test file.
>
> I'm very confused by this.  At least one site works and is using the exact
> same  settings in its <VirtualHost> section in httpd.conf.  Strange that one
> works and one doesn't.

Erm, this sounds crazy, but try shift-reload in your browser window...
(or force-reload, or clear your cache and try again).
Yes, I know that php being displayed should have nothing to do with the
browser cache...

I've had the php-being-displayed thing where I've had a domain with a
static index.html, then installed an index.php.
The browser asks for http://some.domain.org/, something gets confused
about what has been cached, you see an http 304 in the log ("Not
modified"), then the php text gets output.

Please let me know if that works.
--
Al