Re: [edlug] Holyrood Tavern

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 09:14:10PM +0000, Andrew Calverley wrote:

> I would think that ScotLUG and EdLUG should maybe try and share their
> speaker resources. It makes sense for the LUG (more speakers) and for
> the individual giving the talk as well (a talk is a lot of work for
> one audience).

Sound idea.

I really don't think getting speakers is a problem. I know of five
speakers who've indicated they'd be up for Edlug, Scotlug or both. Plus
the two talks already volunteered, that's half the year already.

And if we started asking I'm sure people would come forward. For example
Amazon are happy to send someone along to talk to the AJAX group that
meets out at the Gyle; they'd probably do the same if Edlug had a a
venue. I know of a technolawyer who'd almost certainly give a talk.
Etc. I've not found it a problem finding speakers elsewhere although the
vagaries of scheduling always bite (ie do your best to have someone in
standby mode for the inevitable on-the-night problems, etc!)

--
Dan Shearer
dan@xxx.xxx.xxx