Re: [edlug] Holyrood Tavern

Peter George wrote:

Very keen to support a refreshed EdLug meeting format and a move
upmarket from the Holyrood for all it's charms ;-)

Likewise! It'd be great to get *something* going for next month's meeting.

The Holyrood Tavern had it's charms, but it was a good venue for sitting in small groups and chatting, and didn't work particularly well for talks. I can see how the venue would be intimidating for some, too.

Having a split between a slightly more formal talk or other activity and pub gathering would be great if we can get it going on a regular basis; we certainly seem to have a good body of people to draw from to give talks - it'd be great to make use of them in a more structured way :)

- James.

--
  James (njan) Eaton-Lee | UIN: 10807960 | http://www.jeremiad.org

  "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three
  elements: Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." - G'Kar

 https://www.bsrf.org.uk | ca: https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3