Re: [edlug] How to tee the audio from a program into a file?

Assuming you are using ALSA, you might try JACK (http://jackaudio.org/) - maybe together with a GUI front-end (like qjackctl - http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/). It should be fairly easy to duplicate the audio to both the PCM out of your soundcard and a JACK-enabled recording tool.

--
Apollon Koutlidis

Robert Rothenberg wrote:
I have a program that makes sounds. I would like to record the audio that it
creates.  Can anybody advise me how to trap the audio (/dev/audio) and copy
it to a file?