Re: [edlug] [Fwd: Your new mailing list: edlug]

While we're on the subject of (making a complete hash of) Mailman, I followed an installation how-to on debian-administration.org but Mailman doesn't seem to have 'integrated' with Apache2 as promised - do I need to set up a VirtualHost for it?

Yeah, you can set it up on a subdomain specifically for the mailing lists, but it's essentially just a case of a scriptaliasing to the /cgi-bin directory of mailman as follows:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/mailman/ /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/>
  AllowOverride None
  Options ExecCGI
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/

Kind regards,
Ronald.

--
Ronald MacDonald