Re: [edlug] Linux Virtualization and Windows

Even better than using a virtual machine, which in itself will have dire effects on performance of
most games (solitaire might run fine, but there are card games available to linux anyway!), you
might be better taking a look at TransGaming's Cedega [http://www.transgaming.com/].

They have just signed a deal with EVE-Online (a game I used to play 2 accounts on at the same
time) to improve the compatibility and performance - I got roughly half the frame rate using one
instance about a year ago, and couldn't run 2 successfully at the same time. They are coming on in
leaps and bounds and are also now bringing PC games to the Mac.

Ok, the downside is you need a subscription, however, if you are happy enough to build from CVS
sources, you don't need to pay a penny :)

HTH

Colin

p.s. Windows can run in Xen, but you'll need a fairly recent CPU (although I'm still running
Socket A Athlon's, so I don't know if it will work on the free version of Xen)