Re: [edlug] Linux Virtualization and Windows

I get around this by running windows on my "main" PC and NX on a wee ubuntu system hidden in my cupboard.

This way, I can use Windows for gaming and some other things, but jump onto the linux machine with a quick Ctrl-tab.

http://www.nomachine.com/

Cheers,
David

Mike McKay wrote:
max@xxx.xxx.xxx wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to do away with my Windows OS altogether, but there are still a
number of games that Joanne and I play on Windows.  I've had a brief Google
on the subject but got lost fairly quickly... what are my options for
virtualization?  I've used VMWare before, but that isn't OSS - and from
what I've read, Windows won't run on Xen...  How can I go about having a
minimal Windows XP install running virtually inside Linux for the purposes
of playing the odd game?  If I can do this then I can use Linux as my main
desktop OS (not just for my servers), but still keep Joanne happy playing
Sims?

Cheers,
Max
I'm in almost the same position:  The only reason I've still got a
Windows partition on my system is that there is an application (just the
one) that I run occasionally.

This subject seems to crop up on this list every three months or so . Wouldn't this be an excellent subject for a talk?

Mike McKay