Re: [edlug] a rather peculiar problem

Hi,

The student at QMU phoned me to let me know that earlier a techie from the IT department came over and logged on as administrator.
He "did something" and now it works for him - and he can go online.

Networking - don't you just love it!

Mark - no registering is required via ethernet it is purely a log-in process via username and password. Another laptop did work fine on the same port - ibm x41.

I am not going to know how the techie resolved the issue but maybe it was vista doing something weird.

Thanks everyone for the help though.

Tahir